Chestnut Identity Apparel, Inc. is a family-owned company servicing the restaurant, landscaping, construction, academic, and amusement industries for over 40 years. We provide high-quality embroidered and silk-screened uniforms and apparel items for staff, events, or company promotions.
Chestnut Identity Apparel’s business philosophy is simple: “Provide superior service and quality at an affordable price!” We believe every project is an exclusive endeavor. The designers and customer support staff at Chestnut Identity Apparel work directly with our customers, customizing all types of products to their specifications. The result is a truly positive reflection of their brand.
We're looking for a qualified, team player that can offer an outstanding customer experience! This position is critical to our success and requires incredible accuracy as many orders are custom.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Accurately taking and entering customers' orders
- Informing customers about prices, shipping dates, and anticipated delays
- Offering quotes and following up, as needed
- Confirming customer billing, shipping, and contact details
- Ensuring item availability, and offering substitutions when needed
- Assisting customers with existing orders
- Expediting and tracking incoming orders
- Communicating amongst the team regarding order issues to ensure quick resolution
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Filing of customer and vendor invoices
- Office supply inventory
- Various office tasks
Competencies & Requirements:
- 2+ years of office experience with knowledge of customer-facing inside sales
- Analytical thinking, and excellent attention to detail
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior work experience in a similar field is preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar Point of Sale program
- Customer service experience required
- The ability to handle customer complaints in a professional and calm manner.
- Stellar communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheet software, and database applications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong office computer knowledge
- Consistently exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to read, comprehend and explain documents, in English (as well as Spanish is a plus!)
- Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English (as well as Spanish is a plus!)
- 100% paid (employee) medical after 90 days
- Matching 401k contributions, once fully vested
- On-the-job training
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere amongst the majestic redwoods
If you think you would be a good match, please send your resume as well as 3 references and the last 5 years of employment history.
**Please, no phone calls.