Student Conduct Administrative Coordinator
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 38079
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.htmlhttps://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.htmlhttps://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is:07-11-2022
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Colleges, Housing and Educational Services (CHES) is a multi-funded organization within the Business and Administrative Services (BAS) division at the University of California (UC) Santa Cruz. CHES provides leadership in the areas of college student life and residential services, housing services, facilities, employee housing and capital planning, dining services, conference services, early education services, the Bay Tree Campus Store, ID card services, and business and financial analysis for these areas. Through these units, educational and developmental programs and services are offered to all members of the campus community including students, faculty, staff, children and external constituents. CHES provides on-campus housing and dining services to nearly 9,500 undergraduate and graduate students in ten residential colleges and six multi-college affiliated residential communities which support single students and students with families.
More information can be found here: https://deanofstudents.ucsc.edu/student-conduct/
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Community Standards and Restorative Practices, the Student Conduct Administrative Coordinator performs a wide variety of independent functions specific to the support of the Student Conduct unit. These duties include case management, background checks and updates of the Advocate Student Conduct database, monitoring compliance with the designation of Clery Act reportable incidents and supporting both Formal and Title IX Hearings. The incumbent is also responsible for the daily office management of the Student Conduct office, providing general customer service, administrative and purchasing support, information research, problem solving and mail management for the unit.
Will provide front line office reception duties, interacting with students, families, and outside constituents working with highly sensitive and confidential information. This position has extensive contact with other campus units, academic departments and faculty. It requires independent judgment, tact, excellent communication skills and experience de-escalating stressful situations.
Salary Information: $24.64 / Hourly.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
• Full-time, Fixed
• Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
• Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
• Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: CX - Clerical & Allied Services
Job Code Classification: 004722 (BLANK AST 3)
Travel: Never or Rarely
75% - Student Conduct Administration
• Prepare, file, and distribute a variety of highly sensitive and confidential correspondence in relation to student conduct matters, ensuring confidentiality of all student records in compliance with federal regulations and University policy in regards to the release of information. Oversees record keeping of all student records within the Student Conduct office and assists with implementing the UC record retention policy.
• Obtains Intake Reports and enters incident reports into the Advocate Student Conduct database. Is responsible for the updating, maintenance, and confidentiality of all information contained in the database.
• Ensures and verifies student compliance with assigned outcomes in the Student Conduct database. Communicates pertinent information to students, their advisers, support people and attorneys, and others as appropriate. Manages student enrollment holds related to sanction completion.
• Retains knowledge of the Clery Act and assists in reviewing incidents as Clery reportable.
• Coordinates and disseminates computer generated reports and information to constituents as appropriate.
• Assist with appeals, assigning special hearing officers and tracking training. Supports both Appeal Officers and Special Hearing Officers by assigning appeals, preparing files and distributing materials accordingly. Tracks appeals from start to finish to ensure timely completion of appeals. Assists with training Appeal Officers and Special Hearing Officers.
• Peer Review Board (PRB):
• In coordination with the PRB Advisor, supports the PRB in selecting and scheduling cases for the PRB. Processes Advocate letters to students such as the Notice of Incident Review and Incident Review Outcome letters. Processes and tracks submitted student conduct outcomes and organizes for PRB review. Follows up on outstanding student conduct outcomes.
• Provides administrative support, as needed, for formal student hearings including Title IX hearings. Works with the Hearing Coordinator in scheduling witnesses, document preparation, room set up and technological needs.
• Collaborates with the campus “We Are Slugs!” series team on program management and assists with customer service for the program. Monitors We Are Slugs email address and responds to correspondence, assists with contacting students who are late in completing the program and attends committee meetings.
15% - Reception/General Office Duties
• Greets and directs walk-in traffic within the College Student Life office using a customer centered approach.
• Handles telephone inquiries from students, their families, UCSC faculty and staff, and the general public in courteous manner Contacts students via phone, text and email as needed.
• Responds promptly to all email and voicemail messages. Initiates actions to resolve a wide variety of issues using independent judgment in helping to resolve customer issues or concerns. Refers issues to appropriate staff for resolution.
• Monitors the Student Conduct email address. Replies to general concerns, intakes reports and escalates as appropriate. Tracks incoming communication to ensure appropriate resolution to all correspondence.
• Provides professional, service-oriented advising and information regarding the college, campus, policies, and procedures to students and prospective students, faculty, staff, parents and members of the public, by phone, email, in person, and in writing.
• Becomes proficient with and conversant in the range of issues dealt with and services provided by UC Santa Cruz. Directly refers students, staff and faculty to appropriate campus resources as appropriate.
• Schedule rooms controlled by CHES CSL Student Conduct, including conference rooms and other areas, disbursing keys/access cards as necessary, manage key log, manage door access requests, etc.
• General upkeep of the CSL/Student Conduct office, including regular review of the space, submitting work requests for technology services, custodial, repair, maintenance, etc.
• Ordering and maintaining equipment and supplies related to mail services, copiers and printers, office supplies, purchase requisitions, service suppliers and other vendors (e.g., bottled water, shredding service, etc.). Uses Cruz buy to order supplies on behalf of the office.
• Provides receipt of mail and packages.
• Assists, as needed, with scheduling needs of various CHES conduct specialists and aids with calendaring. Coordinates student conduct appointment calendars as needed and provides students with general information regarding the conduct process.
10% - Other Duties As Assigned
• Coordinates calendars for various work groups.
• Attends meetings and trainings as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Substantial experience working within a customer satisfaction focused environment with an emphasis on professionalism, tact, prioritization and integrity.
• Demonstrate exceptional communication competencies one on one, over Zoom, email, or by phone with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
• Exceptional related administrative/clerical experience with a solid knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written) with demonstrated efficiency in interacting with students, staff, faculty, and parents of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
• Proven ability to proofread and edit documents using proper grammar, punctuation, etc.
• Demonstrated competency in maintaining tact, diplomacy, and patience while handling numerous inquiries on a wide range of subjects; using good judgment in referring inquiries to other campus resources.
• Experience in maintaining electronic records and electronic filing systems with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of all records and information.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work independently, under pressure of multiple, competing due dates and with frequent interruptions.
• Strong working knowledge of computers, Google Docs, ability to effectively use/operate word processing, presentation, electronic databases, calendaring, spreadsheets, internet software and applications.
• Professional acumen and cultural competence sufficient to navigate sensitive or difficult situations with discretion, and recognizing and protecting the confidentiality of highly sensitive and/or controversial information.
• Demonstrated insight, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with diverse populations within the organization and corresponding communities.
• Experience working with college age students.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• The University of California has implemented a https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19 covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
• Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=1.&part=4.&chapter=2.&article=2.5.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.