Parking Services Manager
Job no: 512132
Work type: Management (MPP)
Location: Monterey Bay
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Full Time, Safety
Classification: Administrator II
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Priority Screening Date: Extended
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
Powered by an inspiring https://csumb.edu/about/founding-vision-statement, https://csumb.edu/about (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. The university's https://csumb.edu/about/mission-strategic-plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the general direction of the Chief of Police/Associate Vice President of Public Safety the Parking Services Manager (Manager) is responsible for planning, organization and management of the overall operation and administrative support functions of Parking Services. Ensures all aspects of parking programs are performed in a timely manner with a high level of quality customer service. Reviews, researches, develops and recommends revisions to university-wide permit registration, appeals, and enforcement procedures; regulations and programs dealing with parking; and prepares departmental reports for the Chief of Police, University and Chancellor's Office. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and effectiveness in achieving organizational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides leadership and managerial oversight for the planning, supervision, and day-to-day operations of Parking Services administrative activities, including budget planning and management, customer service and front counter operations, cash handling, citation processing, special event and visitor parking, and marketing and communications.
• Manages design, ordering, purchase and sale of parking permits. Oversees data entry into the department's permit and citation processing systems. Manages front counter permit sales and citation appeals, including customer service protocol, staffing plans, training, conflict resolution, and safety protocol. Ensures that proper cash handling and system access procedures are in place and are followed.
• Manages purchase, installation, and maintenance of campus parking permit machines. Oversees collection and reconciliation of parking permit machine revenue, including ordering and installation of replacement machines.
• Maintains and submits reports and records as required by the state, the university and the Chancellor's Office.
• Provides oversight and management of daily operations of parking enforcement including citation processing, revenue controls, and citation administrative review practices.
• Manages visitor parking and special event parking arrangements.
• Supervises all uniformed and non-uniformed Parking Services staff and student assistants. Oversees work schedule assignments and ensures that training, communication, evaluation, and disciplinary actions occur in a timely manner and are conducted in accordance with University policies and procedures and departmental practice. Manages processing of all personnel-related form and notices, including recruitments and hiring documents. Coordinates recruitments for staff and student positions.
• Manages revenue collection and reconciliation, expenditure processing, financial transactions, year-end processing, and reporting for Parking Services managed trust funds. In conjunction with the Chief of Police, develops budgets and long-term budget plans including capital projects. Manages compilation of financial and transactional information and reporting for audits as requested.
Planning and Marketing
• Coordinates the planning and funding of all parking facility maintenance and new parking facilities with Campus Planning and Development as well as external agencies and contractors.
• Manages marketing and communications to the campus community and the public regarding the parking program, and other related activities, including maintenance of the Parking Services web page and preparation of printed materials. Recommends and implements new marketing and communications strategies to increase visibility of department programs and new features.
• In collaboration with the Chief of Police:
• Implements activities, conducts studies, develops long range plans, and recommends changes in existing services or introduction of new services to meet the parking requirements of the University;
• Develops and codifies practices for prompt processing of routine matters. Analyzes problems and areas in need of improvement to reduce or eliminate issues through process improvement, shifting workloads, implementing new practices, and/or collaboration with other University departments.
• Develops goals and objectives to support the Administration and Finance Division's strategic plan and directs the activities of the Parking Services in their attainment; develops reports and includes cost effectiveness, savings and productivity.
• Participates in the University's emergency planning and response program.
• Provides presentations to campus community.
• Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of applicable local, state and federal laws related to parking, citation collection, and transportation. Knowledge of sound management practices; thorough knowledge of the regulations pertaining to activities on campus; thorough knowledge of special event traffic and parking planning (ICS model). Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and administer a successful parking services program including the selection, supervision, training, evaluation and discipline of subordinate employees and effective budget management.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field; three or more years of progressively responsible management supervision experience, preferably in higher education or public/private parking operation; experience with personnel and bargaining unit issues and with managing budget and finance issues. While preferable to have experience in parking facilities operations, management and repair and maintenance within the parking industry, transferable business skills are acceptable and training on parking industry specific issues will be provided.
Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Driver Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
Demonstrated skills in: working successfully with employees to establish goals and meet deadlines; teambuilding, preferably with staff in multiple service areas; respectful and sensitive communication and interaction with diverse people at various levels within an organization Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated knowledge and skills of budget, accounting, and related financial reporting and management. Sensitivity to the values and issues related to successfully serving a culturally diverse student population. A collaborative management style that can be applicable to staff at all organization levels and to students. Ability to develop positive effective working relationships with both internal and external individuals and groups. Ability to analyze data and information from diverse sources to create comprehensive parking services plans and to provide appropriate interpretation of applicable laws and regulations.
Higher education campus experience and graduate degree in appropriate discipline preferred. Experience in working with diverse populations preferred. Multilingual ability, multicultural experience and knowledge of the Tri-county region are desired. Highly desirable: Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to CSUMB's http://about.csumb.edu/vision-statement.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
• All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check ((including a criminal records check in accordance with the POST regulations).
• The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html as a condition of employment.
• This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1095-rev-6-23-15.html.
• This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA). The position is required to participate in training at the direction of the Clery Director and must also promptly report allegations of reportable crimes according to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, its accompanying regulations; the California State Education Code, Chapter 15.5, of the Donahoe Higher Education Act, Section 67380; and the California State University system-wide policy, Code EO 1107.
• Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
• May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
• This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
• access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information
• responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access
• control over campus business processes, either through functional roles or system security access
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
There are components of this job which are deemed essential on campus. This position will primarily work on the main campus, with occasional work from home. This position requires working on campus with students. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. In the fall, students, faculty, staff, and the community can expect that masks will be required and that the appropriate degree of social distancing will be in place in all areas based on evolving guidance. Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to be vaccinated before coming to campus. All community members who work or attend class on campus should expect to participate in a random or periodic testing system. CSUMB will communicate more information about vaccination requirements and testing protocols when the details become available.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit https://www2.calstate.edu/csu-system/careers/benefits/Documents/employee-benefits-summary.pdf. Additionally, as a perk, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit https://www.schoonoverparkapartments.com/ for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at http://www.csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389 or email mailto:email@example.com. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3019899
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.