EProcurement Senior Analyst
Location: Scotts Valley
Job ID: 26605
This position is available for full or part-time telecommuting subject to department approval and completion of a UCSC telecommute agreement.
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to Policy.
Employees can https://healthcenter.ucsc.edu/services/covid-19/covid-vaccine.html#requirement online or https://healthcenter.ucsc.edu/services/covid-19/covid-vaccine.html#exception.
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Applies skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry-wide business process and analysis practices and organizational policies and procedures. Resolves a wide range of business process issues of moderate to complex scope. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
Under the general supervision of the FIS Manager, the EProcurement Senior Analyst is responsible for configuration, monitoring, operation and testing of the EProcurement system (CruzBuy), as well as extracting data and developing reports from the system for management and operational use. The incumbent is also responsible for performing complex systems analysis and troubleshooting, collaborating extensively with staff members in central and divisional offices. For more information regarding Financial Affairs please follow this link: https://financial.ucsc.edu/Pages/default.aspx
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is:11-29-2021
Salary Information: $66,300 - $70,000 / Annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full
• Full Time; Fixed
• 100% weekly
• 40 Hours weekly:
• Days of Week: M-F
• Day Shift
Employee Classification: Career Appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: Scotts Valley
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: 007584 (BUS SYS ANL 3)
35% - Procurement System (CruzBuy) Reporting and Production Support
• Assist in ongoing support of CruzBuy, including system testing, and providing direction for the ongoing operation of the system.
• Identify and troubleshoot system issues or problems. Work with EProcurement Lead Analyst to investigate, test, and report on the impact to CruzBuy functionality, system availability, and data integrity.
• Investigate and report on any vendor-provided known issues that impacts the system.
• Work with EProcurement Lead Analyst and third-party vendor to devise and implement solutions. Test solutions. Analyze, design, and test workflows and reports, as necessary, intended for the use of divisional and central offices. This will involve working closely with those staff members to develop specifications.
• Provide support for CruzBuy modules, processes, and reporting.
• Prepare and disseminate reports and statistics on campus spend, vendor information, workflow metrics and other data points as requested by central campus offices and UCOP.
• Maintain and create documentation for user manuals, internal procedures, and system operation processes. Collaborate with web team to create, update and publish materials.
• Develop and maintain proficiency in CruzBuy, Infoview, and CalUSource (UCOP) data selection and reporting tools.
• Assist Procurement & Supply Chain Services staff in use of CruzBuy reporting features as needed.
30% - Assist in the development and implementation of new or enhanced EProcurement System processes:
• Work with staff members from other campus offices and the EProcurement Lead Analyst, to develop upgrade project schedules, identify tasks, track progress.
• Evaluate system modification requests to determine feasibility, benefit, and effort required to plan and implement. Work with EProcurement Lead Analyst and third-party vendor to determine which workflow modifications should be implemented. Work with EProcurement Lead Analyst to plan, test, and implement the vendor provided changes as necessary.
• Research, communicate, and document CruzBuy issues or special projects as assigned.
25% - Provide Assistance and Guidance to CruzBuy Users
• Serve as contact for Divisional and Central Offices in matters relating to the CruzBuy system. In many cases, an in-depth knowledge of how data is organized, and workflows are built in CruzBuy will be critical to answering questions and developing solutions to problems.
• Serve as contact for matters related to CruzBuy functionality, workflow setup, and associated reporting.
• Advise users on how best to use CruzBuy. This will involve working collaboratively with divisional staff and various staff members of Central Offices and will frequently involve applying knowledge of basic accounting and procurement concepts.
10% - Other Duties as Assigned
• Assist in other Enterprise Financial Systems projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Experience with enterprise EProcurement and/or financial systems.
• Experience in designing and developing specifications for financial reports and analysis.
• Experience conducting system analysis.
• Experience designing and improving systems and processes, including working effectively with both system users and technical staff.
• Experience using standard personal computing tools including spreadsheets, report writing tools, word processing, and file transfer protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
• Proven ability to work closely with others in a collaborative team-based environment.
• Proven ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks.
• Strong organizationa skills and the ability to establish priorities for accomplishing goals.
• Excellent verbal communication and oral presentation skills, sufficient to communicate technical information effectively with non-technical customers as well as technical staff.
• Good written communication skills.
• Good training skills sufficient to effectively communicate new or updated features/processes to users.
• Strong analytical skills that allow for identification of a problem and decision-making ability to come to a resolution.
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative.
• Knowledge of general procurement policies and procedures, especially as typically allied in higher education.
Special Conditions of Employment
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
• Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time, with or without accomodation.
• The University of California has implemented a http://COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.