IT SYSTEM SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
2021-07-22 Threshold Enterprises, Ltd. 19 Janis Way / Scotts Valley
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is an industry leader in the manufacture and distribution of award-winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ nutritional supplements. Our vision is to be the solutions provider for our consumers’ desire to enjoy optimal health and well-being by providing fine quality dietary supplements and nutritional education. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, CA we also have locations in Santa Cruz, Watsonville, and Winchester, Virginia, employing over 600 team members.
Summary of Job Duties: The IT System Support Technician manages the helpdesk functions and provides technical support to workstation users. Responsible for all aspects of technical support from the workstation up to and including servers, software, and network components
Specific Job Duties:
- Accountable for maintaining software and hardware systems that support the organization’s internal users.
- Solve routine and unusual problems and provide feedback to internal teams.
- Develop a good understanding of the organization’s ERP/MRP software. Assist users with issues as needed.
- Help improve workflows and create documentation for processes and procedures.
- Monitor mission critical software hardware systems availability and reliability.
- Understand relational database concepts and Windows Desktop/Server technology.
- Understand basic network topology, network security (access control, virus protection, etc.)
- Security coordination related to responding to and managing security related events, incidents, and other managing our network security infrastructure (SEIM service, firewall, end point protection systems, and vulnerability management systems, etc.) and leading/participating in network security projects.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by Threshold management.
- Organize smaller IT projects and see them through to completion.
Minimum qualifications required:
- 5+ years experience in technology support.
- Extensive Windows 7/8/10 knowledge as well as Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and shift focus within changing deadlines and priorities.
- Experience with application and server support.
- Experience with integration of existing business systems.
- Experienced in Network Administration (MS Active Directory) and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Ability to communicate with Managers and Co-workers effectively and professionally.
- Working knowledge of network security systems. (Firewall, endpoint protection systems, and vulnerability management systems.
- Understanding of IT as a service business model, customer service centric approach to providing support.
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl and lift up to 50 pounds.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- Microsoft and/or Cisco Certification, or equivalent education, or work experience.
- Excellent communications skills, coupled with sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal management, with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl and lift up to 50 pounds
To APPLY, visit our website, or come see us at 19 Janis Way, Scotts Valley.