Senior Digital Program Manager
Location: Scotts Valley
Job ID: 25524
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to Policy.
Employees can https://healthcenter.ucsc.edu/services/covid-19/covid-vaccine.html#requirement online or https://healthcenter.ucsc.edu/services/covid-19/covid-vaccine.html#exception.
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the campus innovation nexus that supports and amplifies the value of research, teaching, learning, and digital experiences at UC Santa Cruz. We are a group of diverse, enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results that foster a campus climate where employees feel a sense of belonging.
We are looking for people who are deeply curious, hard-working, ambitious, kind, and committed to inclusive excellence. We aspire to operate in an agile fashion. Our goal is to continually improve our service quality, experience, and value to our constituents. We care deeply about creating a diverse, high performing organization through recruiting while developing highly talented, well-rounded, staff. We invest in career paths and career development, devoting significant resources to professional development for our staff.
The Experience (EXP) unit within ITS is helping to redefine the experience of higher education at UCSC, from designing effective IT services to improving the student and staff experience to charting a course toward the digital campus of the future. We're seeking people who:
- Seek to understand and advocate for people in all their diversity
- Work together collaboratively and help others succeed
- Approach complexity and ambiguity with curiosity and optimism
- Find energy in working with and through constraints
More information can be found at: https://its.ucsc.edu
The Senior Digital Program Manager will drive a multi-year, complex transformation initiative through implementation and beyond, putting in place a sustainable and continuously improving web program for UCSC.
This position will play a multi-faceted role-first and foremost, they will be responsible for all aspects of the program life cycle: articulating and evangelizing program tenets, understanding stakeholder and client needs, managing program deliverables, identifying needs for additional services, and leveraging the knowledge and creativity of colleagues to generate robust solutions to client challenges. The program manager will serve as a client-facing leader, overseeing day-to-day relationships and providing thoughtful and pragmatic digital leadership for the campus community.
The Senior Digital Program Manager will also manage key relationships and contracts with vendors, and lead program organization, resourcing, plan development, scope management, and risk mitigation. The program manager will build trust with campus stakeholders, managing their expectations with confidence and professionalism, and will work collaboratively with cross functional teams, both inside and outside of the IT division. The program manager will proactively and clearly communicate status, risks, and issues internally and with clients, and will maintain appropriate program documentation related to key outcomes, milestones, and budget.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 11-18-2021
Salary Information: Salary Range: $100,300 - $135,000/annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full
Percentage of Time: 100%
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
Shift Includes: Day, Evenings, Weekend
Employee Classification: Contract
Job End Date: 2 years from hire date, with possibility of extension
Work Location: Scotts Valley
Union Representation: None
Job Code Classification: 000523 (TCHL PROJECT MGT PROFL 5)
• Oversees all aspects of a complex, university-wide web transformation program from initiation through delivery, including program strategy, plan development, scope management, resourcing and contract management, risk mitigation, and change management. Applies digital project management techniques, up to and including the most complex and advanced, to independently perform research and studies, up to and including the most complex, for internal department and external campus constituencies. Regularly leads analyses determining approaches, sources of data, methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain project results.
• Builds trust with leadership and clients, ensuring that their goals and objectives are understood and managing their expectations with confidence and professionalism.
• Proactively and clearly communicates status, risks, and issues internally and with clients. In support of this communication, provides analysis for highly complex project-related issues. Maintains appropriate program documentation and communication related to key outcomes, deliverables, schedule, and budget. Manages program budgets effectively.
• Utilizes strong knowledge of web design, content strategy, user experience design, and web development processes, technologies, and standards to manage the execution of projects from start to finish.
• Assembles and directs the work of large cross-functional teams and product teams, including product and service managers both inside and outside of ITS, to ensure that resources are in place and accountability for key milestones. Directs project activities with the goal of completing projects on schedule and within budget constraints.
• Manages the transition from campus-wide transformation initiative to sustainable and continuously improving web program.
ITS Security Statement
Information Technology positions are responsible for the security of UC Institutional Information and IT Resources. The incumbent is required to follow all applicable information security policies, procedures, and standards to maintain minimum standards of information security for data, systems and applications. Supervisors are responsible for making sure their staff have appropriate security skills and qualifications, and complete all appropriate and required security training.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• Requires basic knowledge of project management principles, theories, and concepts.
• Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies. Demonstrated attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks.
• Demonstrated effective communication and facilitation skills.
• Broad knowledge of digital initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
• Proven leadership ability. Effective problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments.
• Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques. Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress. Demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope. Demonstrated expert organization and project management skills. Understands the cost impact of projects, project tracking tools and metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with executive-level management on a regular basis.
• Experience analyzing highly complex projects with broad impact to the institution. Demonstrated ability to manage project progress within time and budget constraints.
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner in order to achieve results that are significant in scope.
• Typically 5 or more years of experience managing or leading complex projects.
• Experienced mentor and leader of teams with experience leading a team of technology professionals.
• Advanced knowledge of all aspects of web design, content strategy, user experience design, and web development processes, technologies, and standards.
• Has a thorough understanding of how programs relate to other business strategies and initiatives. Demonstrated ability to integrate critical information across disciplines.
• Strong working knowledge of digital, content, and marketing initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
• Experience working with and/or in digital agencies.
• User Experience / Information Architecture / Design Research / Content Strategy / Analytics.
• Lean /Six Sigma.
• Professional project management certification.
Special Conditions of Employment
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
• Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
• Incumbent may be required to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
• Ability to complete various compliance and job-related training as directed.
• The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
• Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=1.&part=4.&chapter=2.&article=2.5.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.