Facilities Maintenance Worker
Santa Cruz Metro
Santa Cruz METRO is hiring Facilities Maintenance Workers!
We provide exceptional benefits for employees and eligible dependents including medical, dental, vision and CalPERS (retirement pension). Paid time off includes vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Under general supervision, a Facilities Maintenance Worker I performs unskilled, semi-skilled, and some-skilled tasks maintenance, repair, and construction of Santa Cruz METRO facilities and properties; and performs related work as required.
- Performs a limited range of unskilled, semi-skilled and some skilled tasks related to the maintenance and repair of Santa Cruz METRO facilities, properties, and related equipment.
- Removes graffiti from bus stops, benches, signs, and surrounding areas.
- Cuts tree branches, shrubs, remove weeds, and blows and picks up debris.
- Collects trash and performs needed sanitation on bus stops, such as wiping down benches and cleaning up spills; responds to biohazard reports.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs
- Performs minor electrical repairs
- Performs minor repairs on bus stops and shelters such as replacing roofing, cleaning roofs, cleaning rain gutters, tightening or replacing bolts that anchor shelters to concrete pads, and inserting/removing bus stop poles.
- Paints curbs to designate bus loading zones.
- Maintains work vehicle, tools, equipment, supplies, and work areas in proper and clean condition.
- Drives a dump truck to the County landfill and unloads trash.
- Refuels work vehicles.
- Assists with moving and transporting furniture, equipment, and other heavy objects as needed.
- Assists Facilities Maintenance Workers with projects as assigned.
- Operates a variety of manual and power tools and equipment; operates vehicles such as dump trucks, truck mounted cranes and forklifts.
- Performs related work as required.
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- One (1) year of experience performing building repair and maintenance work.
- A valid California Driver's License will be required at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a current, valid California Class "C" Driver's License.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass requisite background check.
- May occasionally work extended hours or hours outside of regular schedule.
- This position requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) based on the tasks assigned; safety shoes are required at all times.
- All new Santa Cruz METRO employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.