Santa Cruz METRO is currently recruiting for a Paratransit Dispatch/Scheduler
We provide excellent benefits for employees and eligible dependents including medical, dental, vision and CalPERS (retirement pension).
Under general supervision, dispatches Paratransit Operators using a variety of communication devises. Prepares and adjusts ride manifests for Paratransit Operators and supplemental providers, monitors drivers’ locations and documents drivers’ adherence to ride manifests. Provides assistance with reports as instructed. Performs other functions as assigned.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Dispatches vans using various communication devises, works to coordinate rides whenever possible, prepares drivers packets for the next day;
- Administers driver sign-in and sign-out procedures, communicates respectfully with Paratransit Operators and customers regarding any schedule adjustments;
- Uses a variety of communication systems and other automated tools to monitor paratransit operations, coordinate vehicles, and adjust schedules to optimize service delivery;
- Uses good judgment to resolve unusual situations or situations that occur in the field such as broken equipment, errors in pick-up or drop off locations, attempts to assess emergency/urgent situations and work with Reservation and Scheduling Coordinator, staff, and customers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact with customers and staff in a professional manner
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to complete paperwork, and effectively communicate with the majority of customers and co-workers
- Working knowledge of major computer software (e.g. Microsoft office) systems
- Ability to work calmly and in emergency/crisis situations
- Working knowledge of Trapeze PASS and fluency in Spanish preferred
- Willingness and ability to work unusual hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- All new Santa Cruz METRO employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment
- This position is considered Safety Sensitive position and is subject to Drug and Alcohol testing as required by FTA CFR 49
Salaries are on a six-step salary range schedule with 5% increases yearly.
To apply for this opportunity, a complete job description and more information on Santa Cruz METRO, please apply at: