Santa Cruz Community Credit Union
324 Front Street
The primary role of Accountant is to maintain the Credit Union's general ledger accounts by accurately recording the Credit Union’s business transactions to and timely performing reconciliations of general ledger accounts within the given time frame. Completes tasks necessary to balance and update the general ledgers and their subsidiary accounts. Prepares and publishes assigned financial reports to managements. Additionally, periodically prepares and files governmental reporting as appropriately. Insures the accounting records follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Credit Union’s accounting guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various GL accounts.
- Maintain all assigned GL accounts such that they are always in balance and current.
- Reconcile the Corporate Credit Union and cash GL accounts daily.
- Perform all month‑end activities/entries, including reconciliation of assigned GL accounts.
- Perform and/or support a variety of duties related to the accounting function, such as A/P, risk management, financial reporting, and record keeping as assigned.
- Manage the accounts payable, including entering bills, obtaining necessary management approvals and printing and mailing checks for vendors.
- Analyze the Credit Union’s accounting data and develop recommendations on cost reductions and efficiencies.
- Prepare and file government agency reports, such as County, State, and Federal, as assigned.
- Prepare and publish daily and monthly financial reports to management, as assigned.
- Process and reconcile daily official check settlement, stop payments and requests for check copies and reconcile the corresponding GL account.
- Reconcile assigned General ledger accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate and communicate accounting matters with other departments and branches as appropriate.
- Function as backup to Finance/Accounting team members when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.