Admissions and Records Technician I
Salary: See Position Description
Deadline: 11/19/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id=189034
Are you interested in creating an amazing educational environment for students who are part of an equity driven community? Staff at Cabrillo College support quality programs and services to students that promote their diverse and evolving needs as they progress toward their individual educational goals. Come join us in our vision to improve the world, one student at a time!
This full-time, 12 months per year Admissions and Records Technician position, performs a variety of technical and office administrative duties in support of the college's Admissions and Records Office; and performs related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will share Cabrillo's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. Cabrillo College serves approximately 11,400 students per term, of which 44% are LatinX, 5% multi-ethnic, 2.75% Asian, 1.25% African-American, 1% Filipino, 0.25% American Indian or Alaskan Native, and 0.18% Pacific Islander as of Fall 2019. In 2006, Cabrillo College was designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community.
As a classified staff member at Cabrillo College, you will join a vibrant community of professionals and educators working together to provide a positive educational environment where our students experience diverse academic and cultural perspectives.
Examples of Duties
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
• Provide technical assistance and information, registration for Admissions and Records, including attendance, transcripts, certificates and diplomas
• Verify and input various student record information, including grades, residency, and petitions
• Receive and evaluate student records for general education, including units completed, certification for state colleges and universities
• Complete and maintain documentation of determinations and enter information into the database
• Learn and interpret Admissions and Records policies, such as course repetition, incompletes, applications, residency and registration, and apply them in a variety of procedural situations
• Verify transcripts from other educational institutions
• Compile information and prepare a variety of administrative, technical and statistical reports that may involve projecting future class, student and full time equivalent totals
• Assist in proofreading College documents, including Schedule of Classes
• Effectively respond to crisis situations
• Direct the work of staff on a project basis
• Train others in work procedures
• Interpret, clarify and communicate college requirements and evaluations
• Calculate and verify grade point averages
• Coordinate the collection and input of student attendance and grade documentation
• Provide information and assistance, in person, over the phone and via the Internet to students, staff and the public related to College functions and Admissions and Records policies, requirements and procedures
• Prepare official College transcripts
• Coordinate systems and carry out special projects
• Receive, review and process Admissions and Records documents
• Register students
• Calculate and collect fees
• Authorize refunds as required
• Perform related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school and three (3) years of experience with a high volume of customer/student contact and in reviewing, maintaining, and updating complex documents (such as admissions and records, hospital, or real estate/title company records).
College-level coursework in an appropriate field and may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum of two (2) years
Experience in an educational setting
Bilingual skills in English/Spanish
• Federal, state and college laws, rules, regulations and policies relating to admissions, registration and student records
• Office administrative practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment
• Effective customer service techniques and etiquette
• Business data processing principles and the use of standard office equipment, including a computer
• Proper form for correspondence and other written materials
• Business mathematics, including percentages and decimals
• Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Recordkeeping principles and procedures for both computer and paper systems
Skill in and ability to:
• Use initiative and sound independent judgment within policy guidelines
• Organize, prioritize and coordinate work activities
• Organize, research and maintain office files
• Uphold the District's mission, values and objectives including equity and Guided Pathways
• Support an inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, respect and engagement
• Make accurate mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy
• Take cash, return change, and balance monies
• Meet critical deadlines
• Operate standard office equipment
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends at on-and off-site campus locations, as necessary.
• Sitting and operating a computer for extended periods of time, as necessary
Starting Salary Range: $3,181 to $3,507 per month; maximum initial salary step placement on the classified salary schedule (Download PDF reader) is step 3. Full-time assignment, 12 months per year. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with evenings and weekends as required. Position scheduled to begin as soon as possible, pending continued funding and Governing Board ratification. Salary is subject to proration based on beginning date of assignment.
Benefits: Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, life, short and long term, and vision (optional) insurance provided at a share of cost on a pretax basis, CalPERS Retirement and an Employee Assistance Program. Please see the Benefits link on the HR webpage for more information.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.