Consumer Lending Underwriter
Santa Cruz Community Credit Union
Essential Functions & Responsibilities: The Consumer Lending Underwriter I is responsible for the day-to-day functions of all underwriting areas within the Consumer Lending and Indirect Lending team(s) under the direction of the Consumer Lending Manager. This position provides secondary review of exception loans and approvals outside the lending limits of other team members and maintains adherence to all applicable state and federal laws/regulations as well as all applicable SCCCU policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Accurately and efficiently review and underwrite Consumer Loan, Mobile Home loan and Indirect Loan applications from a variety of sources.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding and documentation files of what each individual Indirect dealership/retail establishment requires from a service standpoint.
- Communicates with Indirect loan sources and internal staff regarding external marketplace factors, including but not limited to, market loan trends and competitors’ programs.
- Ensures that each loan is approved and funded within the member service timeline standards set for each type of loan, to ensure the high-quality delivery of member service.
- Researches and resolves member/Indirect loan disputes/complaints in a timely manner and communicates results verbally and/or in writing to ensure loan quality, member satisfaction, and appropriate resolution of issues.
- Demonstrates a high degree of analytical abilities and negotiation skills with a willingness to investigate and perform independent research when necessary.
- Evaluates tax returns and related financial statements, analyzes various sources of funds and interprets credit reports to establish creditworthiness of the borrowers.
- Writes reports, documents detailed decisions on system and in loan files, and ensures deadlines are met. Assists with preparation of monthly loan production.
- Provides informed, professional and accurate service, as well as support to CU members and team members.
- Works with and supports the consumer loan team to analyze consumer underwriting work flow and processes and helps develop methods to improve productivity and service delivery in order to achieve the timely processing of applications in line with approved lending policies, procedures and service standards.
- Maintains consistent and comprehensive communications and reporting to the Consumer Lending Manager and Executive Vice President.
Required Education/Skills and Experience including but not limited to the following:
- Two to five years of consumer lending processing and underwriting experience. Requires a minimum of two-year college degree or equivalent experience in consumer portfolio management, or completion of a course of study at a business or trade school, or a specialized and extensive in-house training program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which includes a significant level of trust and diplomacy, in addition to courtesy and tact.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.