Member Service Representative
Santa Cruz Community Credit Union
Essential Functions & Responsibilities: The purpose of a Member Services Representative is to accurately and efficiently assist credit union members with their financial transactions, loan application processing, resolve problems, assist with questions and perform a variety of duties to support operations, internal departments and retail functions and promote and advise on the credit union products and services. A successful Member Service Representative III is able to connect a member’s needs with the correct credit union product or service with only the member’s best interest in mind. Must be available to work on Saturdays.
- Assists members with opening and closing accounts, answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their scope of authority. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to the next level supervisor, along with recommendations.
- Receives, inspects and verifies cash and negotiable instruments and processes member financial transactions with accuracy (transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and wires) within established levels of authority.
- Provides friendly, responsive services to members and cross sells appropriate products and services to benefit the member and maintain sales goals set forth by the credit union.
- Interviews and interacts with consumer loan applicants ensuring accurate, complete information and documentation is received from and provided to applicants prior to forwarding the application to a loan officer.
- Assists in the support of consumer lending and the loan documentation process for consumer lending as needed.
- Travel between the different SCCCU branches may be required to meet member service needs.
Experience - 2 to 5 years of similar or related experience.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.