75 SAKATA LANE
We are one of the largest International Berry Companies supplying the best quality berries to as many people as we can. Our commitment to quality, the community, philanthropy and fairness in all we do set us aside from our competition.
We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated Controller to manage our companies financial reporting and monitoring.
The Controller is responsible for management of the Company’s financial reporting and monitoring; ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards including compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls, and checks across all departments
- Manages the month-end financial closing procedures and preparation of consolidated financial reporting including analytical review of the monthly operating results and actual to budget
- Manages the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of the accounting department including documentation/development of the accounting procedures, policies, and internal controls
- Responsible for the annual budget preparation
- Works closely with CFO and Director of Finance in cash management, cash position and requirements
- Coordinates annual financial and other external audits
- Coordinates the preparation of annul tax returns with outside CPA firm
- Prepares and calculates the Company’s and shareholders’ quarterly and annual tax estimates and liabilities
- Supervisory responsibility - manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting department; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws: responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, directing work, professional development, performance evaluations, and addressing employee issues.
- Assistance to HR as needed in certain aspects of payroll and benefits administration
- Overseeing various regulatory reporting and compliance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Regular attendance and promptness are required
- B.S or B.A in Accounting or 10 years equivalent
- CPA certification required
- Solid knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- Demonstrate a strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in payroll processing, laws, regulations, and requirements
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and supervisory skills
- Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work with highly diverse workforce
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, If you are serious about joining our team we’d love to hear from you.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.