Priority Screen Date: September 20, 2019
Application Filing Deadline: October 4, 2019
Apply On-Line at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty
The Monterey County, Information Technology Department (ITD), Service Delivery Division currently seeks information technology professionals to work with clients, other departments, vendors, or IT personnel to evaluate, configure, install, monitor, troubleshoot, or maintain a variety of systems and peripherals. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver a high level of customer service while providing technical expertise, recommendations, resolutions, or technical support remotely, by phone, or on site.
ITD consists of five (5) operational Divisions: Administration; Applications; Service Delivery; Infrastructure; and Security. ITD resources are operated and maintained in a manner that supports high availability for utilization and minimizes the risk of business interruption. ITD's focus is on developing a sustainable, customer focused environment to enhance and improve the quality of technology services used by County departments for the benefit of all Monterey County residents, businesses, and visitors.
- Interacts with vendors, staff, and clients/customers to clarify and resolve application, technical, operational, and management issues/needs.
- Consults with clients, other departments, departmental staff, vendors, and technical support personnel to determine customer needs, and determine best approach to address these needs and user requirements.
- Provides technical support and expertise to evaluate and resolve basic to difficult technical system problems (e.g. desktop related technical problems involving workstation operating systems, software applications, databases, file/folder access, network/internet access, and peripherals).
- Provides technical support for customers in the capacity of the Service Desk using Directory Services (i.e. Active Directory) and Remote Desktop connectivity.
- Documents work in the ITD ticketing system (i.e. ServiceNow) and creates Knowledge Base articles for reference.
- Evaluates and configures systems and peripherals for performance and serviceability, reliability, and availability.
- Administers Microsoft Windows Servers, including file servers, print servers, application servers, Active Directory servers, virtual servers (e.g. VMWare), and conversion of physical to virtual servers.
- Keeps abreast of current productivity applications (e.g. Microsoft and Adobe application suites), operating system technology, web-based applications, and technology trends.