Position: Community Engagement Coordinator
Type: Full-time, Regular, Non-Exempt Position
Reports to: Vice President, Resource Development
Department: Resource Development
Position Objective: The Community Engagement Coordinator contributes to the efforts of United Way Monterey County by strategizing, creating, and executing community engagement activities that attract donors, potential investors, and corporate partners to volunteer throughout the year. This position is responsible for ensuring all events are executed with excellence by providing a superior experience for all involved, to grow relationships and increase the number of top UWMC partner volunteers from year to year, which in turn will grow awareness and funding for the organization based on the understanding of the importance of the model volunteer, advocate, and give.
Responsibilities and Duties
Volunteer Events and Engagement Management
- Develops and implements volunteer projects and other engagement events held by UWMC for current and potential donors, volunteers, partners, so they can have “hands-on” experience of the positive impact UWMC has on the community to increase donations and donors during campaign.
- Researches, analyzes, and creates, along with the Resource Development team, a strategy for driving UWMC’s top partners to attend events and increase the volunteer base.
- Works alongside the Resource Development team to identify, design and implement plans for volunteer projects within high potential campaigns to engage and grow the understanding of UWMC’s work within the company’s employee base in order to increase campaign donations.
- Provides all necessary communication to UWMC staff and volunteers on all volunteer elements to ensure everyone involved is aware of their role so that events run efficiently and effectively.
- Works with the Marketing team on developing an effective strategy for volunteer project messaging and other United Way year-round events to ensure a positive brand image and increased participation.
- Utilize UWMC volunteer platform to manage, grow and engage a community of volunteers while widening public participation and diversity. Updates and analyzes volunteer platform to provide Resource Development team with accurate and reliable information for use in growing donations, volunteers, and donors.
- Identify new technology for volunteer/donor platform and make recommendations to improve systems when appropriate.
- Collaborates and corresponds with Marketing team to ensure all pre-and post-event marketing needs are being met for both internal and external communication of upcoming events with the desire to increase participation and dollars.
- Meet with existing corporate partners and donors to generate participation in volunteer events and to increase awareness of the work of UWMC.
- Manages communications to all volunteer attendees’ pre-and post-volunteer events.
- Organizes engagement meetings with volunteers to establish partnership and grow donations.
- Strategize with Resource Development team on potential event sponsors and solicit target audience to acquire sponsorships.
- Ensuring UWMC is prepared to operate an Emergency Volunteer Center in a time of disaster by 1) developing and maintaining emergency and disaster preparation, response, and recovery plans; 2) maintaining on-going communications with appropriate county representatives; and 3) executing plans in times of emergency situations.
- Works with AmeriCorps VIP to build effective volunteer programs by engaging community members and local businesses in high-impact service.
- Support Emerging Leaders Society, an affinity group for young professionals interested in philanthropy and making impact through engagement with United Way.
- Mission oriented – Performance and professional motivations are driven by a commitment to creating real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship oriented - Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator – Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results driven – Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward – Steward of the United Way brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the organization and greater network.
- Drives Revenue –results driven, with a relentless focus on gaining the resources to support United Way’s mission and community impact-focused strategic objectives.
- Strategic Relationship Building – develops and maintains strategic relationships that generate the resources necessary to support United Way’s mission.
- Effective and Engaging Communicator – effective and passionate communicator, articulating the United Way message in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community.
- Embracing Change – champions and facilitates change to ensure long-term community sustainability. Adapts to changing needs while maintaining positive relationships with all constituents, internal and external.
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative – creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organization and the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Organizational Management, Business, or related field
- Event planning and management: 1-3 years
- Staff Management: 1-3 years
- Project Management
- Working with external stakeholders and volunteers
- Sales or client interaction
- Oral, written and technological communication
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Competent in Social Media
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee spends a considerable amount of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- For events, standing and walking for long periods of time are required; may lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds; may climb stairs; may bend, twist, kneel, stoop and reach overhead; may use dolly, shovel, rake, wheelbarrow, hand tools, and power tools; work outdoors at times.
Compensation: $18.25 - $21.50 hourly commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Benefits include healthcare, dental, vision, retirement plan, disability, life and generous paid time off and holiday policies.
How to Apply: Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by email to: Tina Engquist at email@example.com
United Way Monterey County is an equal opportunity employer.