Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 48001
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.htmlhttps://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.htmlhttps://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 01-31-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
The Financial Operations and Administration division is complex and diverse with a broad array of support services all aimed at advancing the UCSC mission. The division comprises the following units: Colleges, Housing and Educational Services, Financial Affairs, Risk and Safety Services, Physical Planning Development and Operations, Staff Human Resources, Sustainability Office, and the Vice Chancellor FOA Office.
More information can be found here: https://foa.ucsc.edu/
Under the general direction of the Vice Chancellor for Financial Operations and Administration (FOA), this position is responsible for providing high functioning executive and programmatic support on a wide range of topics relevant to the FOA division and works with a diverse constituency including the University of California Office of the President (UCOP), campus constituents and members of the community.
Salary Information: Salary Range:$82,300 - $96,200/annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
• Full-time, Fixed
• Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
• Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
• Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: EXEC AST 4 (007385)
Travel: Never or Rarely
55% - Executive support and administrative operations
• Oversees and ensures daily administrative operations for the Vice Chancellor of FOA (VC FOA), including the development, compilation and maintenance of meeting agendas, calendars, correspondence, briefing and informational materials.
• Develops and implements efficient and effective systems for managing information, projects and communications to ensure accurate and timely responses.
• Functions as the gatekeeper, understanding the requirements of the executive, in order to prioritize issues according to urgency and to allocate time accordingly.
• Responds to a wide variety of questions and issues from faculty, staff, students and the public on behalf of the executive, including those highly sensitive in nature.
• Briefs executive in a timely fashion, with regard to priorities and deadlines, on the status of pending issues.
• Oversees coordination of travel arrangements and processing of all paperwork.
• Facilitates campus visits for high level officials and other guests providing leadership while coordinating with others throughout campus.
• Coordinates and supervises logistics for large meetings and events including communications.
20% - Organization and information management
• Organizes ad hoc committees appointed by the VC FOA on a broad range of issues.
• Handles the details of complex and highly sensitive matters on behalf VC FOA.
• Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature with both internal and external individuals.
• Coordinates information from other departments and tracks to ensure completion with sufficient time for executive review in advance of meetings.
• Maintains a comprehensive database of initiatives and assignments, to include actions delegated to other offices.
15% - Analysis and executive briefing
• Researches, compiles and summarizes complex and / or highly sensitive issues, policies and topics; provides background information; coordinates the compilation of talking points and briefing materials for the VC FOA.
• Prepares confidential reports and summarizes issues for senior staff, and other officials within the UC system.
• Coordinates responses to urgent divisional requests on behalf of the executive and independently investigates issues and problems.
10% - Emergency management
• Provides support for the Vice Chancellor's role in campus emergency management. Communicates sensitive and confidential information to principal officers.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of the campus emergency plans.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience and / or training.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify needs and conduct complex research, develop proposals and solutions.
• Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies.
• Advanced service orientation.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively with all levels of the organization and external constituents.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Advising and counseling skills.
• Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and multi-task with demanding timeframes.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and use a high level of discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work systems and records.
• Proficiency with office technologies, including working in a paperless environment.
• Advanced knowledge of the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
• Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of common organization-specific computer applications, such as Google Suite, and Asana
• Recent related professional level administrative/analytical experience in an institution of higher education.
• Understanding of the issues facing higher education with experience and sufficient background to conceptualize the mission and goals of the division.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
• Will be required to work all scheduled hours on-site.
• Ability to work a variable schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
• Ability to maintain appearance and conduct suitable for working in a professional setting.
• The University of California has implemented a https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19 covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.