Pacific Plug & Liner, a sister company to Smith Gardens, has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician 2 to join our team at our Watsonville, CA Site.
Pacific Plug & Liner was founded in October 1999 and is located on the beautiful California Central Coast with a climate ideal for plant and flower production. We have approximately 290,000 sq. ft. dedicated to growing young plants. Pacific Plug & Liner features a state-of-the-art production facility, ensuring consistent and superior quality.
Under minimal supervision, install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment.
- Perform intermediate maintenance duties and responsibilities, such as: Installation and maintenance of machines and equipment, emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment as well as scheduled maintenance repairs as directed, preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities as directed.
- Communicate repair work in progress with manager or lead, as directed.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to team lead.
- Promote a safe work environment, upholding company safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders as required.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform intermediate electrical and plumbing maintenance and construction functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate level in areas such as: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone or radio with all levels of staff.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, both verbal and written.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work well with or without direct supervision
- Excellent organizing and planning skills.
- High school diploma/GED and one year of maintenance experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience performing skilled or semi-skilled maintenance duties.
- Two or more years of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, construction, or plumbing experience preferred.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Willing to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends as required
- Continuously walk, stand, bend, kneel (and remain working below knee-level) as well as reaching overhead, and from side to side for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times in an environment that is often hot.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) after 6 months and Company-Paid LTD after one year. We look forward to hearing from you!
Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.