Maintenance Technician 1
Pacific Plug & Liner
750 Casserly Rd
Pacific Plug & Liner, a sister company to Smith Gardens, has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician 1 to join our team at our Watsonville, CA Site.
Pacific Plug & Liner was founded in October 1999 and is located on the beautiful California Central Coast with a climate ideal for plant and flower production. We have approximately 290,000 sq. ft. dedicated to growing young plants. Pacific Plug & Liner features a state-of-the-art production facility, ensuring consistent and superior quality.
Under general supervision, install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance duties and responsibilities, such as: Installation and maintenance of machines and equipment, emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment as well as scheduled maintenance repairs as directed, preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities as directed.
- Communicate repair work in progress with manager or lead, as directed
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to team lead.
- Promote a safe work environment, upholding company safety policies and procedures
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders as required.
- May diagnose basic problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform basic electrical, plumbing maintenance and construction functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic skill level in areas such as: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone or radio with all levels of staff.
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired, not required
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work well with or without direct supervision
- Excellent organizing and planning skills.
- High school diploma/GED and one year of maintenance experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, construction, or plumbing experience preferred.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Willing to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends as required
- Continuously walk, stand, bend, kneel (and remain working below knee-level) as well as reaching overhead, and from side to side for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times in an environment that is often hot.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.