Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 35733
For full consideration, applicants are asked to provide a response to the following question during the application process: What experiences have prepared you for this position? This question appears in the section entitled: Questionnaire-Step 5 of 8.
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.htmlhttps://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.htmlhttps://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html https://news.ucsc.edu/2021/07/systemwide-vaccination-policy.html for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 06-01-2022
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
As the campus Chief Academic Officer and Chief Operations Officer, the Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor (CP/EVC) is responsible for providing vision and guidance to campus senior leaders as they work to fulfill our campus mission and attain our strategic goals.
The CP/EVC works closely with the Chancellor and the campus leadership team to engage faculty in the creation of a vibrant academic and research vision, infuse an entrepreneurial spirit into the creation of new sources of revenue, provide focused leadership to support student success, and assure a campus commitment to serving first-generation college students and a diverse student population. The CP/EVC provides leadership in the areas of the campus academic, capital, enrollment and financial planning, policy analysis, and fiscal administration; creating a vision for faculty, student, and staff programs that engage and support the campus.
The CP/EVC organization is dynamic, with priorities and issues that evolve and change daily. The team is committed to collaboration, the use of digital tools to create efficiencies, in-the-moment reprioritization, and creating a collegial, optimistic and forward-facing environment.
As representatives of the CP/EVC, all members of the immediate staff are expected to model the UC Santa Cruz Principles of Community in their interactions with senior leaders, faculty, students, and staff at all levels of the organization, with colleagues throughout the UC system and in their interactions with agencies, organizations, and individuals outside of the UC system.
More information can be found here: https://cpevc.ucsc.edu
Working as a member of a collaborative team of administrative professionals reporting to the director of operations, the administrative coordinator provides executive-level support to the assistant executive vice chancellor/ chief of staff, the senior leader human resources manager, and serves as back up to other support team staff in the office.
In addition to managing executive-level calendars, the incumbent is responsible for providing high-level administrative, analytical, and Human Resources support. The position works on assignments that require the exercise of considerable discretion and independent judgment. Tasks are varied and complex, and frequently involve handling confidential information
The incumbent is a member of the Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor's (CP/EVC) direct support team. The CP/EVC's direct support staff actively collaborate with colleagues in the CP/EVC Office, throughout the campus, and systemwide to support the productivity and initiatives of the CP/EVC.
The office of the CP/EVC is a fast-paced and dynamic office. Success in the position will require the ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities, critical and sometimes competing deadlines, and the facility to remain calm and poised in unexpected situations that require rapid and accurate response. This is a shared work environment, and being able to thrive as a member of a service-oriented team is critical.
The position requires strong organization and communication skills, including tact, discretion, and diplomacy. An appreciation of the diversity of the campus community is a factor for success.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $55,100 - 75,800/annually . Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
• Full-time, Fixed
• Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
• Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
• Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: 007384 EXEC AST 3
Travel: Never or Rarely
40% Administrative and Analytical Support
As a member of a collaborative administrative team, ensure the support needs of the assistant executive vice chancellor/ chief of staff, and other senior leaders as directed by the director of operations, are handled promptly and efficiently.
• Manage executive schedule(s) to assure a balance between moving priorities forward, attending to urgent issues, and ensuring regular meetings with key constituents and leaders occur.
• Allocate time and manage scheduled administrative events, travel, meetings, and focused time for the completion of critical tasks.
• Respond to inquiries from faculty, staff, students and the public on behalf of the leader on a wide variety of matters; handle inquiries with sensitivity and tact, and where needed with confidentiality and discretion.
• Using a high level of discretion and diplomacy, investigate issues and problems to provide additional information where needed.
• Daily review of all emails and meeting notes to identify additional or updated action items.
• Maintain a comprehensive database of initiatives and assignments.
• Work in partnership with the administrative support team to review and prioritize incoming requests and outstanding action items. Collaborate with other divisional and campus staff as needed to ensure campus priorities are met. May organize ad hoc and ongoing large group meetings.
• May organize large-scale events, arranging and managing logistics, agenda development, guest accommodations, travel, etc.
• Serve as a back-up to the other executive support admin staff during peak workload times or during an absence.
35% Sr. Leader Human Resources Administration Support
Support senior leader recruitments, reviews, development, and on-boarding processes.
Coordinate with divisions to navigate the complex and dynamic calendars.
In support of senior leader recruitments, independently manage the logistics for meetings and events including:
• Plan, organize and identify meeting logistic needs. Provides technical guidance and quality assessment.
• Arrange for and manage the execution of catering, media, transportation, lodging, tours, meals, etc
• Process requests, contracts, orders and payments in accordance with University policies. Meeting set up
Serve as backup for executive recruitment meetings- take notes in meetings on behalf of the Sr. Leader Human Resources Manager.
20% Official Correspondence and Communications
Prepare, track, and manage official correspondence and communications on behalf of the Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor.
5% Professional Development Activities
Participate in workshops and trainings, professional groups and organizations in order to enhance skills and stay current on tools.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• Thorough knowledge of common computer application programs.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Experience scheduling and managing a calendar.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Solid attention to detail and ability to retain information.
• Political acumen and sensitivity to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as external constituencies.
• Strong service orientation.
• Solid organizational and customer service skills to effectively manage multiple priorities. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a busy office with frequent interruptions, changing priorities and short deadlines. Ability to cope with ambiguity and regularly shifting priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening, clarification, and de-escalation as appropriate.
• Ability to obtain knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
• Familiarity with the organizational structure of the campus.
• Experience managing an executive's calendar.
• Familiarity with general higher education processes, protocols and procedures.
• Familiarity with document management systems.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
• Selected candidate must have the ability to work long periods at a computer with or without accommodation.
• Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
• The University of California has implemented a https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19 covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
• Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=1.&part=4.&chapter=2.&article=2.5.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.