Licensed cannabis retailer looking for an unarmed security guard to join our team. Candidates must have a valid guard card and security guard experience preferred. MUST be 21 years old and pass a criminal background check.
Please do not apply in person. Send a resume to the email listed and we will call to set up interviews.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Security Guard is responsible for providing a friendly, knowledgeable and easily identifiable uniformed presence. The initial point of contact for all customers, vendors, service providers, the general public and official/law enforcement agencies. Responsible for ensuring that all staff are complying with dispensary policies and state laws and must always demonstrate excellent customer service skills while remaining vigilant activity occurring both inside and outside the dispensary.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, up to six-eight (6-8) hours.
SECURITY GUARD STAFFING NEED: evenings and weekends.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
2. Greet customers, service providers, vendors, staff and community representatives in a friendly and courteous manner.
3. Monitor and authorize staff flow entry and/or exit of the facility.
4. Check person(s) entering the building for a valid membership and ID.
5. Observe, identify and report events which may include criminal and/or nuisance activity, unsafe or dangerous conditions, fire and life safety hazards and other site related events to the manager.
6. Maintain cleanliness of outside areas at all times, including removing debris and completing opening/closing checklists.
7. Maintain strictest confidentiality.
8. Perform other related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to de-escalate situations calmly and professionally.
2. Ability to understand and follow organization's policies, procedures, safety and emergency rules, plans and procedures.
3. Ability to handle routine and stressful situations.
4. Ability to work with others including local police, staff, and the public.
5. Ability to work without immediate, direct supervision.
6. High level of organization, patience and flexibility.
7. Professional appearance.
8. Reliable and timely attendance.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.