Excellent health and dental package
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Location: 180 Westgate Drive, Watsonville, CA
This job supports the Essilor mission of “Improving Life by Improving Sight”. The primary focus of this position is to support lab personnel involved in manufacturing ophthalmic lenses, by providing complex machine repair and maintenance requests. Duties in this position are occasionally repetitive, requiring analysis and use of individual judgment. Specific duties for this position include troubleshooting complex equipment problems and providing training. Supervision ranges from general to minimal.
- Excellent Health and Dental Package
- Free eyeglass prescription
- Vacation and sick leave
- 401K plan
- Stock Purchase plan
- Provide support to lab personnel by completing machine repair requests, chemical tests/changes and equipment changes on all designated production equipment.
- Coordinate with equipment manufacturers’ technical support team to perform regular preventative maintenance work on all designated production equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical & mechanical problems with equipment.
- Communicate equipment status to production personnel, coworkers, and management.
- Test, check, adjust and tune production equipment to maintain quality standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic devices and hydraulic systems.
- Maintain accurate inventory of spare parts and ordering when needed.
- Provide technical support to production supervisors for process innovation and improvement.
- Participate in cost saving, productivity and quality improvement projects.
- Log and maintain equipment performance data.
- High School education or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of previous related experience.
- Knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment preferred.
- Basic understanding of PLC operation preferred.
- Understanding and experience of robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and CNC equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams preferred.
- Valid Driver License preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly stand/walk for the duration of shift.
- Consistently lift and move up to 30lb to shoulder height and 80lb waist high unaccompanied.
- Frequently required to stoop, climb (ladders up to 20’ high), bend, kneel, or balance on ladders, platforms and slippery surfaces.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
- Work area may be wet/dirty and or have a strong smell.
- Able to manipulate various hand tools.
CSC Group is a company that is part of Essilor-Luxottica, world-wide leader in ophthalmic lenses and frame manufacturing, and distribution. Essilor-Luxottica employs 150,000 employees dedicated to eradicating poor vision in all regions of the world by 2050.