Part-Time or Full-time, Weekends required
Grey Bears seeks a dynamic, self-motivated individual with retail sales and management experience to lead our thrift store team. This is a key leadership position that will advance the success of our reuse/resale operations as an essential component of our organizational mission.
I. Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Manage daily operations and projects for store, including donations receiving, evaluating, cleaning, testing, pricing and merchandising of donated items.
- Schedule, train, supervise and support staff and volunteers.
- Develop and implement creative procedures and strategies to promote sales.
- High level of competency in cashiering, cash handling, credit card processing, returns policy and auditing.
- Evaluate, sort, price and promote the sale of donated items, and keep sales floors full, neat and orderly.
- Ability to relate with, and positively influence staff, volunteers, seniors and customers.
- Use social media to promote store, sale items and resale activities.
- Respond to customer donations, pricing and other questions to promote and ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the general upkeep, appearance and necessary maintenance of the store, and make purchases of supplies as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other organizational departments to promote a cohesive work environment.
- Participate in staff meetings and strategic planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
II. Skills, Experience and Abilities
- 2-3 years of retail or related management experience required, ideally in reuse/resale and with a variety of products.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills to interact with diverse individuals and groups.
- Be energetic, creative and enthusiastic.
- Must be responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Team player with high degree of integrity, superior leadership skills and judgment.
- Ability to work productively and maintain a calm and courteous demeanor despite a sometimes heavy workload and competing priorities.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Ability to transport 25 pounds frequently, and 25-40 pounds occasionally, with or without accommodation. Ability to perform essential physical job functions typically requiring bending, squatting, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects, pushing/pulling, reaching above shoulder level and using fine finger movements with manual dexterity.
This is a Part-Time (minimum 24-28 hours) or Full-Time (32-40 hours) position that offers a competitive compensation package and benefits. Saturday and Sunday shifts are required.
Position is open until filled. To apply, email resume to: email@example.com with cover letter and salary requirement, or mail to: Operations Manager, Grey Bears, 2710 Chanticleer Ave, Santa Cruz CA 95065.
For more information visit https://www.greybears.org.
Grey Bears is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties.