Advancement Systems and Research Analyst
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist—Exempt I
Department Name: University Advancement
Job Number: MB2021-PD2686
Status: Open Until FilledApply today! Application Screening Begins: Monday, April 26, 2021.
Priority Screening Date: 04/25/2021
Recruitment Status: Apply today! Application Screening Begins: Monday, April 26, 2021.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Prospect Research and Advancement Services, the Advancement systems and Research Analyst is responsible for maintain the gift, alumni and prospect database (Raiser's Edge), and the use and integrity of all fundraising and prospect data for the University Advancement Division. Additional responsibilities include fundraising reporting; NetCommunity online donation and event registration page support; and prospect research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Database Maintenance: Maintains The Raiser's Edge donor database and coordinates the data flow for donor and gift information. Independently collects data, establishes and maintains information for development-oriented activities such as community outreach, special events and appeals. Monitors data use, implements control measures and trains development staff on database functions to maintain data integrity. Documents data entry procedures for consistency and documents defined field codes for clarity to users. Using purchased software tools, creates systems to automate data entry of gift and donor records into Raiser's Edge. Ensures confidentiality and security of database records, granting access to approved, trained users with legitimate business need for data. Implements data enhancements using vendor data update tools and imports new data into the database. Runs regular data review reports and works with the gift processing coordinator to ensure accuracy of data entry.
• Database Reporting: Organizes and prepares donor and gift reports for use by Development team. Completes required fundraising reports for Chancellor's Office, runs regular fundraising goal reports, runs regular dashboard reports for Development team. Works with Alumni Relations to coordinate use of Alumni data and support Alumni relations functions as they related to the data from Raiser's Edge. Provides individual and group training on data and reporting, assisting with the setup of self-service reports and dashboards as appropriate. Runs mailing lists and updates data returns from mail or electronic communications. Creates reports to assist development directors and director of prospect research in the management of prospect portfolios.
• Prospect Research: Conducts proactive and reactive research on prospects for the development team. Runs wealth screening using purchased prospect research tools, verifies the information reported by the screening tool and creates snapshot or full profile for prospect assignment. Updates Raiser's Edge with new data found including philanthropic activity and other indicators of potential support of the university. Responsible for the integrity of prospect information. Trains clerical and fundraising staff involved in prospect data entry and monitors data to ensure accuracy. Reports information found on new prospects to development team.
• NetCommunity Online Donation and Event Support: Using Blackbaud's NetCommunity templates, creates webpages for events and online donations. Coordinates creation of donation and RSVP pages with Development Directors and Advancement staff to support the timely response to event invitations and gift solicitations. Troubleshoots problems and processes transactions as needed. Provides training and support to other development staff on use of NetCommunity tools.
Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply expertise to complex program and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations. Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management. Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and system analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
Skills: Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management. Demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups. Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, an interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
Ability to: take initiative and work independently to determine effective approaches to projects and priorities; organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved; apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations; understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions; work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations; effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus; apply extensive expertise to the complexity of maintaining effective university-community partnerships in both face-to-face and online contexts; work with representative from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations.
Entry into this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administrations principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
Demonstrated progressive experience managing a donor database in a fundraising setting. Knowledge and experience with database systems and their applications, preferably The Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud products. Understanding of basic accounting principles and ability to apply that knowledge to gift records. Ability to effectively adapt to the dynamics of organizational, procedural and policy changes; work under pressure, adhere to deadlines and perform with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail; schedule and coordinate multiple tasks; provide excellent customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality related to donor and prospect files. Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge and abilities identified above.
Extensive experience with the Raiser’s Edge database preferably in a higher education environment. Technical fluency with Banner, Oracle/PeopleSoft, CSU Common Management System or equivalent student information system; Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and Google mail and calendaring programs.
Special Conditions of Employment:
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
• The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html as a condition of employment.
• This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1095-rev-6-23-15.html.
• This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
• Access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information;
• Access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards.
• May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Probationary
• Collective Bargaining Unit: Clerical & Administrative Support Services (CSUEU)
• Anticipated Campus Hiring Salary: Mid to high $4,000’s/month
• FLSA Status: Exempt
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental & vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For more information, visit: http://www.calstate.edu/hr/benefits/documents/csueu-unit-2-5-7-9-benefits-summary.pdf. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability, visit: https://csumb.edu/corporation/employee-housing.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2213359
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at http://www.csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the https://csumb.edu/library/library-hours (https://csumb.edu/library/maps-directions). All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.