Youth on Course is a nationally recognized non-profit based in Pebble Beach, CA serving more than 100,000 youth through subsidized rounds of golf, high school internships, caddie programs and college scholarships. We are currently experiencing rapid national growth and have a presence in all 50 states and Canada.
Youth on Course has an immediate opportunity and now seeks a talented and motivated Events Coordinator to manage outstanding and memorable golf-related events and provide administrative support to the Development team. YOC currently has an endowment of $7 million and raises over $4 million annually. We want someone confident in their ability to take our fundraising events to the next level and track our success.
You will report to the Chief Development Officer and work collaboratively with all staff to ensure successful events. If you value making a difference for young people, are excited about helping provide them with access to life-changing opportunities and are willing to dig in and have your hands on challenging but rewarding events, let us know ASAP. Youth on Course is a fast-paced and fun environment in an incredible setting. You will certainly have some late nights, a little bit of travel and, most importantly, an opportunity to change the lives of the youth we serve.
The items below are a sampling of what we need and expect from this role:
● Understanding the complex needs of different golf-related events and donors
● Overseeing all aspects of event management including developing event formats
● Collaborating with Development and Marketing teams to create effective advertisements and materials for each event
● Managing event aspects such as venue, seating, dining, entertainment, and guest speakers
● Creating run-of-show and event set up plans
● Provide exemplary customer service to participants and at all stages of events
● Maintain budget discipline while planning event specifications
● Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and managing take down and follow-up processes
● Evaluating success and ROI after each event
● Managing and tracking event and giving data within Salesforce, creating comprehensive financial reports, and producing regular gift acknowledgement and stewardship communications
What we expect you to bring to the table:
● A passion for helping youth gain access to life-changing opportunities. You don’t need to play golf frequently or be good, but you should understand the sport, the importance of youth having access to it and the opportunities it can provide.
● Leadership skills—setting priorities, and action plans to work across departments to meet objectives
● A positive, professional attitude and sense of humor—we know not every day is going to be perfect, but our growth plans are exciting, and we want someone who can stay cool under pressure, is a pleasure to work with, and supports their fellow teammates.
● Strong communication skills and the ability to present event ideas and plans to vendors, venues, and donors
● Supreme organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage logistics for multiple events simultaneously
What you can expect us to bring to the table:
● An open, communicative and results-driven work environment
● Opportunities to continue to improve your skills through ongoing education (conferences, classes, as necessary)
● A beautiful place to work as our offices are located at Poppy Hills Golf Course inside the gates of Pebble Beach
● Some pretty amazing perks: deep discounts on food and golf equipment, complimentary golf at Poppy Hills/Poppy Ridge and of course an occasional beverage (we celebrate wins of all sizes).
● A benefits package that includes competitive salary, medical, dental and vision for you and your family, a generous 401k match, profit sharing and PTO.
Compensation will be competitive and depend upon past experience and qualifications. This full-time position will be based in Pebble Beach and report to Jeff Clark, Chief Development Officer of Youth on Course. Please send all resumes with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
3200 Lopez Road, Pebble Beach, CA 93953 | (833) 962-4653 | @YOCGolf
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.