Santa Cruz Community Credit Union
324 Front Street / Santa Cruz
Assistant Accountant maintains the Credit Union's accounting records and reports that are assigned. Processes all tasks related to accounts payable function. Completes tasks necessary to balance and update the general ledgers and their subsidiary accounts by posting daily and monthly journal entries. Performs reconciliations for a set of general ledgers within the given time frame.
- Perform tasks related to the accounts payable function, including entering bills, obtaining necessary management approvals and printing and mailing checks for vendors.
- Record AP transactions and monitor AP accounts.
- Manage all tasks related to office supply order.
- Distribute the monthly corporate VISA statement and the expense form to the cardholders and make journal entries to post the expenses to the appropriate general ledgers.
- Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various GL accounts.
- Maintain all assigned GL accounts such that they are always in balance and current.
- Reconcile the Corporate Credit Union and cash GL accounts daily.
- Perform assigned month-end activities/entries, including reconciliation of assigned GL accounts.
Accounting knowledge is required. Associates degree in Accounting, or at least two years of college level accounting classes highly preferred.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.