OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Regular Full-Time – M-F + Scheduled On-Call
$92,160 - $130,380 Annual - $44.30 - $62.68/hr. (designated as non-exempt)
Soquel Creek Water District is seeking a skilled Operations & Maintenance Supervisor in our O&M department. This is a full-time, benefitted position. This key position ensures the water system meets operational, regulatory, legal and District requirements, and ensures responsible oversight of the operation, service, maintenance, and repair of water production, storage and treatment equipment & facilities, and water distribution infrastructure & systems. This “go-to” person must be skilled at fostering cooperative working relationships and directing activities and projects in the field, while maintaining sound administrative functions. Strong troubleshooting and systems problem-solving skills are ideal.
Key Responsibilities: Ensures the water system meets operational, regulatory, legal and District requirements and responsible oversight of the operation, service, maintenance, and repair of water production, storage and treatment equipment and facilities, and water distribution infrastructure and systems.
• Supervises operation and maintenance of water distribution and treatment systems: valving, regulating, disinfection, pumping, reservoirs, power generation, telemetry and other facilities and equipment.
• Supervises installation, maintenance and repair work on pipeline, valves, meter services, fire hydrants and utility line locating.
• Ensures utility system meets regulatory requirements; plans and implements inspection and servicing program for wells, pumps, motors, generators, chemical feed and pressure filter equipment and related facilities and equipment.
• Maintains operations manuals, asset management systems, logs and data acquisition systems.
• Recommends equipment & materials and system improvements; develops and coordinates department work plans.
• Staff oversight including selection, skills promotion and knowledge acquisition, career development and advancement mentorship, correction and discipline.
• Oversee work distribution, support systems, and internal reporting relationships; monitor workflow, evaluates work products, methods, and procedures;
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and directs the change implementation.
• Prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, spreadsheets and other written materials; maintains record-keeping systems.
• Ensures safe work methods, safety precautions and equipment are utilized.
• Responds to emergency situations in off-hours as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Equivalent to graduation from high school and three (3) years as lead or supervisor plus equivalent of seven (7) years in water treatment and distribution systems operations and maintenance work. Requirements: Valid Class “C” Cal. Drivers’ License; may be required to upgrade to a CDL w/Haz Mat and/or Tank endorse; Clean driving record and proof of valid insurance coverage; Cal. Division of Drinking Water Grade D-3 Distribution Operators Certificate (must obtain D-4 within specified time periods); Cal. Division of Drinking Water Grade T-2 Treatment Operators Certificate; Regularly scheduled on-call and emergency shifts as required; Ability to lift, carry and push tools, equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs; work in all weather conditions; work in confined spaces and with exposure to potentially hazardous conditions.
Benefits: Health Insurance: Medical – Employer-paid 90% premium contribution. Dental/Vision – Employer-paid 100% premium contribution. Life Insurance: Term Life = 1xSalary – employer-paid 100%. Voluntary additional coverage. Retirement: CalPERS membership: Classic 2.5%@55 or PEPRA 2%@62. Note: District doesn’t contribute to SS. Deferred Compensation: IRS 457 voluntary deferred comp plan. Vacation: 12 days after one year of service to 25 days after 20 years. Holidays: 11 paid holidays plus 2 floating holidays. Sick Leave: 12 days.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.