Assistant Gear Manager
Rope Partner Inc.
Westside Santa Cruz
$20-24 per hr hour
Company Intro (www.ropepartner.com):
Rope Partner employees are passionate about their work performing inspection and repair services on industrial scale wind turbines using industrial rope access techniques. Having built a strong reputation for developing our niche offering and continuing to deliver Best of Class Services, Rope Partner has the highest retention in our industry and is known for its caring workforce and zealous culture. We work for most of the turbine manufacturers and wind farm owners in North America.
Rope Partner utilizes industrial rope access techniques as a fast and efficient method of performing services in hard to access areas of the turbine. Our Wind Corps Technicians are some of the most talented green collar workers and have been integral in developing work instructions for clients and new means of performing tasks that have eliminated the need for the use of expensive cranes and platforms.
Under the direction of the Gear Manager, this part-time or full-time role is responsible for the movement of gear and materials required to successfully complete projects as well as the inspection and maintenance of all company tooling and tool kits. It is expected that all duties related to the upkeep and general appearance of the facility would also be included.
- Basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask
- Capable of moving and stocking heavy gear and equipment of over 100 pounds
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of industrial rope access gear
- Familiarity with hand and power tools, with the ability to inspect and maintain them
- Knowledge of composite materials and tooling equipment
- Proficiency in the use of computerized inventory programs
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving practices, familiarity with UPS World Ship software
- Process focused, with the ability to identify, recommend, and implement continuous improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Gear Manager, facilitate the transfer of all technician gear and tooling equipment between office, job sites and technicians
- Under the direction of the Gear Manager, ensure all tooling kits are properly restocked, equipment checked and verified for proper operation prior to shipping
- Enter data within gear tracking database to ensure accuracy, transfer gear assignments between locations and employees
- Always keep the warehouse spaces organized and clean
- Under the direction of the Gear Manager, keep inventory of consumables and equipment adequate for supplying projects
- Report all purchasing needs required to maintain materials and consumables stock
- Facilitates all shipping and receiving for the company to ensure on-time delivery for project start date.
- Perform scheduled tooling inspections and coordinate annual calibration testing with specific tooling.
- Order goods from vendors and assist with sourcing new vendors when necessary
- Assist with facilities upkeep and maintenance
Please Submit your Resume to HR@ropepartner.com
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.