Deputy Public Guardian
County of Santa Cruz
701 Ocean Street, Room 510
$6,205 - 7,857 month
Live and work in beautiful Santa Cruz County!
- Investigates recommendations for the appointment of a conservator or need of a representative payee;
- Recommends to the court the establishment, continuation, or termination of conservatorship;
- Arranges for and monitors the care and treatment of persons placed under the jurisdiction of the Public Guardian;
- Investigates and administers the personal and financial needs of persons under conservatorship or representation payeeship;
- Safeguard the interests of and obtain legal services for clients; and
- Provide 24-hour emergency response services.
THE REQUIREMENTS: Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Completion of 24 semester units with emphasis in business or public administration, financial management and/or investment, social work/welfare, behavioral science, or a related field AND Four years of experience in estate, financial or budgetary management, estate investigation work or providing case worker service to incompetent, disabled or needy persons.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college with a major in social work, social welfare, human services, public administration, or business administration AND Two years of experience performing social casework or conservator case work.
- Successful completion of a paralegal curriculum approved by the American Bar Association or Graduation from Law School AND One-year experience providing social casework or conservator casework. Note: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a month-for-month basis.
Apply online at www.santacruzcountyjobs.com
Paid holidays, excellent benefits and CalPERS retirement!
The County of Santa Cruz offers a generous benefits package which includes annual leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
LIVE Here WORK Here PLAY Here
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.