Associate Director for Admissions and Recruitment
Classification: Administrator II
Department Name: Office of Admissions
Job Number: MB2019-ED2591
Status: Open until Filled
Priority Screening Date: 12/01/2019
Recruitment Status: Open until filled. Application Screening Begins Monday, December 2, 2019
Under the general direction of the Director of Admissions, the Associate Director for Admissions and Recruitment is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations related to student recruitment and evaluation of academic progress based on CSU criterion. In the absence of the Director, the Associate Director provides leadership and supervision of the Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervision and Training: Manages the direction of operations and the workflow for admissions and recruitment. Establishes recruiting strategies and evaluation procedures. Develops and administers a training program for new staff members. Provides on-going education pertaining to educational benefits of CSUMB and CSU policies to staff. In conjunction with the Director of Admissions, determines impaction criteria for freshmen and transfers and is responsible for admitting new incoming students.De
• Develops and maintains regular and ad-hoc reports to monitor the status of recruitment efforts and to provide critical data and information to management. Recommends, develops and implements changes and improvements to meet University enrollment goals. Conducts long range planning of work including recommending change in practices and procedures impacting the unit. Incumbent establishes goals and objectives for the year in conjunction with the staff. Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment provides supervision and leadership to Admissions Counselors, Admissions Coordinators and the Communication Analyst. Provides training to the staff and other departments across campus on Admissions, CMS , Hyperion, On Base, etc. Associate Director also develops procedure manuals for office policy and regulations. Establishes and assigns territories and evaluations responsibilities to staff as well as enrollment goals. Maintains contact and provides informative updates to campus personnel, high school counselors and community colleges representatives. Oversees the campus tours program. Effectively recommends hiring and disciplinary issues; sets training standards and disseminates work expectations, prepares performance evaluations and coordinates the workflow of the staff. Develops best practices manual for office policy and regulations. Provides yearly staff and student tour guides evaluations for all direct reports. Under the guidance of the Director of Admissions, provide direction and leadership for all admission processes in collaboration with the Deans, Chairs and Program Directors.
• Communication Plan Oversight: Assists in the direction and guidance in the development and implementation of a comprehensive recruitment plan. Works with Director and Assistant Director of Operations to develop most comprehensive strategy to reach targeted audiences. Performs a variety of functions of a responsible and difficult nature requiring a working knowledge of the following; the California Education Code regulations, CSU Executive Orders; CSU test regulations; California State University, Monterey Bay Academic Senate policies; Admissions and Recruitment policies and procedures; and student information Systems procedures.
• Campus Visit programs: Responsible for overseeing campus tours, group tours, annual prospective student open house events, applicant yield events (both on and off campus), and other on campus visitation events. Plans and assesses the needs of all campus visit programs and implements improvements.
• Strategic Planning and Budgeting: In conjunction with the Director, develops the overall Recruitment budget and the development of the recruitment plan and associated priorities for each fiscal year, adhering to the department's annual budget. Responsible for managing events and recruitment budget annually
• In the absence of the Director, provides leadership and direction for Recruitment.
• Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of: university admissions and recruiting operations. Thorough knowledge of: student information systems, FERPA and national practices and procedures to ensure compliance, articulation, and laws/rules regarding residency for tuition purposes. General knowledge of: principles, problems, and methods of public administration, including organization, personnel, and fiscal management; advanced statistical and research methods; and techniques used for hiring, evaluation performances, and motivating employees.
Ability to: rapidly become familiar with CSU admission requirements and Chancellor’s Office admissions reporting requirements; CSUMB admissions programs, policies and procedures; provide strong leadership in the development and implementation of program policies, regulations, procedures, and precedent cases related to Admissions; provide sound recommendations based on state or institutional policy; effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a diverse community; select, supervise, train, and evaluate staff; handle multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines; research and make decisions on validity of courses, grades, and transcripts; coordinate multiple tasks with deadlines; learn and use administrative computing systems at advanced level, quickly learn new computer systems, or software modules as needed; establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse environment.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field AND a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible admissions administration experience which includes: personnel and fiscal management, advising students individually and in groups, enrollment management/analysis, and the resolution of complex student services problems.
Master’s degree in a related field. Experience in public higher education. Two (2) years of additional admissions management experience. Experience in the planning and execution of strategic student outreach and recruitment initiatives and admissions technology projects strongly desired. Experience with: PeopleSoft, or other automated student information systems; Hobsons; imaging and document management systems, customer relationship management systems; Microsoft Office Suite, Google email and calendar, Internet browsers, or equivalent.
Technical fluency with Oracle/PeopleSoft, CSU Common Management System or equivalent student information system; Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and Google mail and calendaring programs.
Special Conditions of Employment:
• All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
• The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html as a condition of employment.
• This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1095-rev-6-23-15.html.
• This position has been designated as a sensitive position with access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the https://dl.airtable.com/zgstG8qzSAyuLfU4NKDT_Data%20Classification.pdf.
• This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
• This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA ) and will be required to participate in annual training and to immediately forward to the Clery Director all reports of crimes brought to their attention pursuant to the Clery Act and California State Education Code, Chapter 15.5, of the Donahue Higher Education Act, Section 67380.
• Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University’s liability coverage.
• May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT :
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; an excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance; long term disability coverage; life insurance; educational incentives; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For further information, please visit: https://drive.google.com/a/csumb.edu/file/d/0B4bgHGEl4OKeM0FaX3FCekg5VnM/view?pli=1. The University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing, https://csumb.edu/corporation/employee-housing.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1691601
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at http://www.csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the https://csumb.edu/library/library-hours (https://csumb.edu/library/maps-directions). All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
GENERAL INFORMATION :
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA ), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION /EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER :
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.