At Encompass Community Services we provide our community with a wide range of services related to family & social well-being, early childhood education, behavioral health, housing and more. Every day through these services we work to make health, education and housing more equitable for all people in Santa Cruz County. For more than 40 years our work has touched generations by helping people have access to education, rebuild relationships, restore their health and regain dignity.
Encompass Youth Services Counseling Program is currently hiring for a Mental Health Therapist with experience working with youth and family systems. The therapist is responsible for providing office and field based services that include assessment, therapy, case management, and crisis intervention. Clinicians provide services throughout Santa Cruz County. Essential to this position is a therapist who has excellent documentation and time management skills, can meet the direct service productivity expectations, and work collaboratively with other service providers.
The position is full time with some evening hours to accommodate family needs. Registration with California BBS required – Quality individual and group supervision for license-track clinicians is provided to cover weekly clinical hours. Bilingual in English/Spanish required. Hourly pay differential for bilingual skills awarded upon qualification.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Complete County Medi-Cal documentation including: Progress notes, Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths assessments, psychosocial assessments and treatment plans
· Provide office and field based mental health services to youth and families
· Maintain appropriate and timely documentation through the Avatar billing system
· Attend weekly individual and groups clinical supervision
· Work closely with Children’s Behavioral Health and other community providers
· Represent the agency in a professional and collaborative manner that fosters positive working relationships with other agencies and agency representatives.
· Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology and registration with the BBS required
· Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
· Clinical experience with broad diverse populations including established competency and experience in specialized areas of child, adolescent and family counseling.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of diagnostic criteria as outlined in DSM 5.
· Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
· Valid California Driver’s License and vehicle registration
· Proof of citizenship or right to work in the United States
· Criminal Record Clearance before hire.
· Valid Driver’s License and vehicle insurance
Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive medical and dental insurance plan, 403(b) retirement plan, and paid holiday, vacation & sick time.
Wages & Benefits:
Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive medical and dental insurance plan for full time employees, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holiday, sick time, and 17 days of paid vacation, pro-rated for positions less than 40 hours a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Encompass we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates.
Encompass Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. We are committed to excellence through diversity and strive to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all clients and employees.
If you require assistance applying on-line, we have computer terminals available at our 380 Encinal Street Suite 200 office in Santa Cruz, Tel: 831-469-1700, and at our 225 Westridge Drive location in Watsonville, Tel: 831-724-3885. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Please apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=47bfbe97-224c-4f13-a495-e943969553a0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=281765&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.