Production Associate-Excellent health and dental package-$500 sign up bonus
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Location: 180 Westgate Drive, Watsonville, CA
This job supports the Essilor mission of “Improving Life by Improving Sight”. It involves the manufacturing of ophthalmic lenses and several specific operations to mount the lenses into the patient frame to achieve the final pair of eyeglasses. Each pair of eyeglasses requires an elaborate customized operational range to achieve the desired optical correction:
- Blocking; 2) Edging; 3) Beveling; 4) Tinting; 5) Mounting; and 6) Final Quality Inspection
- Excellent Health and Dental Package
- Free eyeglass prescription
- Sign-up Bonus of $500 if Employee works for company full-time for a period of 90 days or more
- Vacation and sick leave
- 401K plan
- Stock Purchase plan
Production Associate – Finishing Department:
- Finish Layout: prepare an uncut lens for the edging process by outlining the center/alignment markings and affixing the chuck/block.
- Edger Operator: Operate a variety of edging machines to cut lenses down to proper size and shape to fit the appropriate frame.
- Beveler: Utilize the bevel wheel to remove the sharp edges of the lens.
- Tinter: Accurately tint all lenses going through the tinting department.
- Mounter: Accurately apply drill holes to the lenses to ensure proper fit and alignment of the lenses and insert lenses into the frame while ensuring proper fit.
- Inspection: Inspect lenses and frames to ensure that they are optically and cosmetically accurate.
- Maintain equipment and workplace safety and cleanliness/organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read/write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Working in a role with measurable standards.
- Working in a fast-paced production environment.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Previous experience in an optical lab production environment is preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly stand/walk for the duration of shift.
- Consistently lift and move up to 15 lbs. above shoulder height and waist high unaccompanied.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
- Work area may be wet/dirty and or have a strong smell.
CSC Group is a company that is part of Essilor-Luxottica, world-wide leader in ophthalmic lenses and frame manufacturing, and distribution. Essilor-Luxottica employs 150,000 employees dedicated to eradicating poor vision in all regions of the world by 2050.