Instant Service Agent/ PBX Supervisor Featured
INTERCONTINENTAL THE CLEMENT MONTEREY
750 Cannery Row
INSTANT SERVICE TEAM LEAD/ Supervisor: Assist in overseeing and supervising the Instant Service department as a whole. This role is high-pressured multi-tasked position, having continuous communication with the in-room dining servers on amenity coordination and all deliveries, acting as central communications point during emergency and/or crisis situations and promptly route internal/external calls to its destination. Respond to in-house guest concerns or complaints in a timely manner. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Operate in-house paging system as well as serve as base communications with security and maintenance departments. The Instant Service Team Leader/ Supervisor position will also share Reservation Agent responsibilities when business dictates and/or to cover time off requests. May assist with other duties as assigned. The Instant Service Team Leader/ Supervisor will report directly to the Instant Service Team Leader/ Supervisor Manager.
Reports to: Instant Service Manager and Front Office Manager.
Interfaces with: ALL hotel associates and departments, External and Internal Guests, Housekeeping
Department, Vendors and Sales/ Catering Team..
- Must report to work on time as per scheduled shift start time. Must be able to comply with any/ all hotel Attendance & Punctuality standards, expectations and policies.
- Must project a team player, pleasant, positive, professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have his person must have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with internal & external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must train all new hires and ensure all staff is properly trained including service expectations, hotel facilities and services, local directions, safety and emergency procedures, etc.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a timely and professional manner and handle room service orders (follow established script to encourage up-selling with room service orders) via phone from guests.
- Must remain poised, calm and communicate clearly in emergency situations.
- Processes forms of payment for room service orders to include room charges, credit card and cash. Articulate and repeat each order to the guest before hanging up, using guest name and title and close checks to correct guest’s room account.
- Notify management of any malfunctioning telephone equipment or accessories.
- Provide wake-up calls to guest’s rooms and perform other duties as assigned such as recording incoming packages, mail, or faxes and promptly notify guests.
- Must be able to read and write clearly as these abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs and taking messages for guests or hotel staff.
- Must have computer proficiency.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in maintaining overall Associate Satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with other departments and Department Head.
- Assist in all departments as needed to maximize guest satisfaction
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Handle multiple incoming calls.
- Working with a keyboard.
- Speak, listen, and use a keyboard to type or route messages, usually done while sitting down.
- Six months experience as a phone/switchboard operator and one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must speak fluent English, Bilingual is a plus.
- Must possess excellent good oral, written communication skills, must have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills. Reading and writing abilities are utilized often to answer guest’s questions and/or guest requests.
- Must have previous experience in a customer service position required.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills and MUST possess strong leadership and relationship skills. (Must have clear, concise verbal & written communication skills.)
- Candidate must be able to work an extremely flexible schedule. May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be detail oriented, be a team player and exude friendly demeanor/personality.
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel and Power point is a plus.
- Must possess initiative and high energy level and have outstanding hospitality skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential, must be able to multi task, have outstanding attitude, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with different levels of management.
- Must be results orientated with ability to be flexible.
- Comply with all safety requirements and regulations as dictated.
- Follow emergency, safety and security procedures including calling local fire, police, poison control, etc. for assistance.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Must be able to verbally communicate clearly.
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
NOTE: The InterContinental The Clement Monterey Hotel, (a Pacific Hotel Management Hotel), functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must acknowledge and understand this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an associate from their accustomed shift as business dictates.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.